Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Thing About Jane Spring by Sharon Krum


Oh man. I've been on a book frenzy lately and this just so happens to be one of the eye catching books I picked up on my latest book haul. When I first read the description, I was only slightly interested due to the fact that it didn't really describe any specifics on her love life. But the fact that Jane Spring was after every woman desires, True Love, was enough for me to purchase the book and read almost immediately.
With that being said, the story revolves around thirty-four year old Jane Spring, a determined, dedicated, victory-conniving lawyer who will go to all legnths just to get the verdict she believes she deserves (which is with every case). Raise by a general for a father, she grew up with the lifestyle of a young soldier, referring to her father as "sir" and doing push ups after dinner. Because of this, she matured as a harsh, selfish, extremely weary adult which lead her to her law enforcement profession. But because of her natural domestic ways, her unattractive qualities don't seem to appeal to many men. Most of them just want to pull off a one night stand with her. So as she ponders the possibilities of why men never call her for a second date, she all of a sudden realizes what she needs to do. She needs to act more like Doris Day! Beautiful, Classic, and Timeless. All the qualities a woman should possess.
 That being said, Jane Spring ditches her unflattering suits and styles herself up in pink pencil skirts and pearl lace blouses, changing not only her appearance but even her persona within.Suddenly, Jane Spring is no longer the mean, cold, heartless biatch who made a poor old woman faint during her testimony. Instead, she becomes transformed into a stylish, sweet, sensitive woman who is on her mad hunt for that one true love. And she'll go through any measures just to find it.

SO. That's my description of the book. And I must say, I absolutely loved it. It was cute, fresh, and absolutely adorable. For those curious just as I was, yes, there is romance involved and you'll be cheering for Jane at the end. I found myself laughing out loud and squealing in excitement, eagerly turning the pages to figure out what would happen next. Definitely one of my favorite romance-chick-flick novels and I'm positive I'll be rereading this more than I should. I highly recommend this book to those who enjoy adorable romances and are interested in a summer read, I promise you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment