Monday, July 16, 2012

My Wonderful Friend Caden

Also known as "The Most Interesting Man in the World". My life has changed these past few days meeting him, and even though to some that may sound weird, I never knew how a very random and short encounter could have such an impact on my life.

Last year, we ran into Caden at the Nerd HQ. He was running the photobooth and he was so flawless looking and seemed so incredibly chill. Basically, he was cool. And I decided that I needed a picture with this cool dude, so my sister and I got one with him in the photo booth.



We didn't really keep in touch, just an add on facebook, but I don't know when it happened, but we weren't friends on facebook anymore. I learned this the day before SDCC'12, and so I thought we've pretty much lost all communication with him.

Well, that changed the next day. We were waiting in line at around 5:30 AM for the exhibit hall, and right when I look up, guess who's passing us?! Obviously Caden haha. So I shouted out his name on impulse and he was shocked to see us just as we were to see him. We gave each other brief updates on our lives, and he's just been doing incredible things. We allowed him to stand in line with us, and then when it came to moving actually inside the Con (but still waiting for another 3 hours to go into the exhibit hall) he began the best unintentional comedy show I've ever experienced. His stories, his jokes, his facial expressions, oh man I nearly died and peed in my pants. He was honestly the funniest person I've ever met in my life. From Acorn Festivals, Yodagirl, pretending to be a cook when you really used takeout and apparently have a "heated trashcan", to "The Face" and "Bronies", we all just clicked. I never knew how much humor and entertainment this guy we had just thought of as "cool" last year could contain.
                                                                     

Unfortunately, the rest of the time at the Con we had to split up. He had his things to do while we had ours. Elaine and I were on a mission with our list in one hand and granola bar in another. We were able to meet up with him two days later at the Nerd HQ for a brief moment, and the stories just came rolling out once again. We also got our official look at the infamous Yodagirl, finally. We also made plans to meet up in line the next day, at the whopping time of 3:30 AM.

So Sunday morning, I learned more about Caden than I would have guessed. It also made me realize how much of a successful individual he is, and there truly is more that meets the eye. I'm not going to go in detail, but he's without a doubt become an inspiration to me, and really enforces the saying you must work hard to play hard. We went out to lunch later that day, and we got to know more about our Comic-Con Bff who now stands as one of my greatest friends. It’s amazing how in such a short period of time you can create everlasting friendships, the ones that are the rarest to find. He is such a remarkable individual whom I had the honor of meeting and bonding with, and we can't wait to see where the future takes him, us, and our friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment