Thursday, October 4, 2012

An Update On Life: October 4th 2012



       So it’s been quite the while since I’ve last updated my blog. Why does this not surprise me? Well, for anybody who is interested, I am officially a college student! And it’s hard. I mean, I know they all tell you that beforehand, but I’m still so used to having my high school teachers hold my hand and guide me toward those regulatory A+’s. Unfortunately, that is NOT the case here. You have to work your ass off in order to keep up. I have to take Sundays off of work now so that I can actually spend the entire day doing homework (okay, and maybe I sneak some episodes of Bridezilla and Here Comes Honey Booboo in, occasionally). Basically, college is difficult. I’m struggling. I’m stressed. But most importantly, I’m doing.
       As for personal life, I’ve honestly been too busy to have much of a life. Or I guess you could just say my life is a busy one. I work every day that I don’t go to school, and go to school on the days that I don’t work. My schedule on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday is when I have school, and then Tuesdays, Thursdays AND Fridays, and Saturdays for that matter too, is when I work. BUT. My workplace has hired over the past six months a lot more younger people who are within my age range (17-20) and I AM SO HAPPY NOW. I never knew how much fun I could have at work until these people were hired. We all get along so well, we are constantly cracking jokes, I mean, I even hang out with them outside of work! One of my coworkers Kate, who is 17 going on 18 very soon and is a senior in high school, has become one of my best friends. We’ve hung out about three times outside of work, and she is just someone I absolutely love talking to. We both understand each other so incredibly well, we’re extraordinarily comfortable with one another, we drive the same car (shout out to all the fellow Ford Escape drivers!), and we have a similar sense of humor and are always making each other laugh. I tell her my work gossip and she shares hers, and we’re constantly giggling over the most ridiculous things. And I absolutely love the fact that we are so open with one another. Let me give you a short little example.
Me: “I’m not even going to lie, I’m prettier than her. I don’t know what he was thinking.”
Kate: “Oh my gosh, I feel the same way about my ex. When I saw the girls he’s been dating, I’m like ‘Ooh honey, that is a downgrade.”
THIS IS WHY I THINK WE GET ALONG SO WELL. We’re just not afraid to admit things, as conceited as it sounds, but it’s true! And also, she and I are both really bad parkers. We’ve witnessed each other’s parking firsthand and agree with one another. I think I just love how honest and comfortable we are with each other, and I feel so blessed to have met her, she’s become one of my greatest friends in such a short period of time, and I am so fortunate that I get to work with her three times a week!
So going back on track, I have an extraordinarily busy life now. Let me give you a breakdown of how this week went/is going to be.
Tuesday October 2nd 2012:
8:00 am: Gym.
10:00 am: Go to my old high school to see my journalism babies, but more importantly, get in on the potluck.
12:00 pm-5:00 pm: Work work work bleh.
5:00 till Lord knows when: Meet up with good friend and classmate Brynna to work on our speech presentation.
Till Lord Knows When- 11:00: Work on other homework.
Wednesday:
9:00-5:00: School all day. Hip Hip Hooray.
5:00-6:00: Drive sister home, touch up
6:15-7:00: Interview with a family that wants to hire me as a babysitter
7:00-11:00: Go to a school play.
Thursday:
10:00-5:00: Work
6:15-7:15- Pilates class bleh
7:15-8:30: Dinner with the Bro-in-law
7:15-11:00: Homework bleh
Friday:
School from 9:00-2:00
2:30-9:00 Work
9:00-11:00 Hang out with Kate
Saturday:
12:00-5:00: Work
5:00-12: Homework
Sunday:
11:00-3:00- Work
3:00-7:00: Homework homework homework.
7:00- Possibly dinner with Caden
AHHHH SOMEONE KILL ME AND GIVE ME A MUCH EASIER LIFE PLEASE. I’m so tired I just want my old life back );
Sigh. But complaining will do me absolutely nothing. As for other updates, I’ve been looking around for different quotes, and I have my mind set on one that I really like. I’m going to wait for a few months, but I definitely think I’ll be getting a tattoo near the end of this year. I was always anti-tattoo, but lately I’ve just been so mesmerized by the artistic value that tattoos can have, and the meaning behind them. I don’t want to get a tattoo just because I think it will look “cool”, but rather as a reminder for myself to continue holding the determination that has gotten me this far. My determination, motivation, and craving to succeed is incredibly important to me, and I want to be reminded everyday where I feel like something is impossible, that it most certainly can be achieved as long as I put my mind to it. Thankfully, my two sisters (out of the three, haven’t talked to her yet) support me as well as my brother in law. They’ve even insisted on coming with me to the tattoo parlor when I am ready to make an appointment! J
And other than that there hasn’t been much going on… just the fact that I’m ridiculously busy. I have absolutely no time to do just nothing anymore, and as much as I love being productive, I really miss doing just nothing. Sigh. Till the next I have five minutes to spare!
-Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment