Sunday, January 17, 2010

Football Sunday


I wont even lie, I was unfaithful to my diet today.
But isnt Football Sunday a good enough excuse?? :)
Lately, Ive been eating healthy after reading the book "Skinny Bitch" and Ive actually made a point to commit to this diet of mine. The book states they want their readers to give up meat and the tasty goodness that follows after that and adapt to a vegan lifestyle. Okay, asking me to give up meat is one thing, but becoming vegan? Come on now, lets be realistic. Sure, if you became vegan you'll sure as hell lose wight. But then again, you can lose weight even if your not a vegan and enjoy the foods you love best. BUT, (theres always a but) I did make a promise to myself that I'd give up eating all beef and pork, so now my meat diet is just chicken and seafood. You're probably thinking go full vegetarian, or dont go at all. Wellll, excluding out beef is better then excluding out nothing at all, and might I add I am very proud of what I have been able to accomplish so far. Yes, its only been two weeks. But within two weeks, each day would be a meat fest, including carne asada burritos, taco tuesdays, steak vegetable stir fry, and honestly, the list could go on and on. Now, I am eating chicken salads, cabbage and eggs, meatless spaggheti, celeray and peanut butter, and biggest thing of all, Ive finally incorporated OATMEAL to my diet. Its not as bad as I imagined it to be, but its definitley not something I ask for every morning. Oh, and im still drinking green Tea. Oh! I also gave up soda as well.
A lot of people have told me that I dont need to go on a diet. Well, technically I really dont. Im not within the boundaries of over weight and such, due to the fact I have a fast metabolism to be thankful for. But, I did realize after reading the book that I should be eating healthier, incorporating fruits and vegetables to my diet each day, rather then eating fatty, processed, over caloric foods each day. Also, drinking 8 glasses of water is extremely important. You want to be able to purify your body by hydrating and cleansing it.
Now, I would i like to make it clear that im on a healthy diet. Im not on a strict as ever kind of diet. I still enjoy the foods I love most just eating less of it. Im not like "Oh no, 260 calories? Gotta put that back." Noo! I still love food, i just like keep a better option open. I dont eat when im bored and eat when Im full. I take things slowly, know when my mind is communicating with my stomach and is telling me that Ive had enough. Listen to your body, dont let your mind take over. I used to be like that, id eat till there was no more left, even though after eating half I was full. I let my mind control my body. Let your body control your mind, or let them work together.
So anyways, telling you about what I ate today. Its pretty bad for my usual routine, but I couldnt help myself! Its the playoffs, I had to do it ;)
Two slices of cheese pizza, 2 serving of doritos paired with guocamole and fat free sour cream, and an Ice tea. *Cringe* I should of slowed down, but I let my excitement get the best of me. But dont worry, Ill return to my healthy eating habbits by tomorrow. Promise.
So I hope this advice helped you out! Have a good one guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment