Thursday, February 25, 2010

Journal Entry: 2

Hmm, so I haven't done an entry journal in a month. I guess I should, although I REALLY need to start on my homework...
Anyways, I guess I can talk about a book Im writing. To be honest, I have NO absolute idea where I'm going with this, actually, I do, but I dont know if Im willing to take such a turn Ive never pictured myself doing. All stories have a twist-they can never be perfect is what I realized. That's why when I was younger I was DETERMINED to create a novel with the perfect story, but I realized, no one would want to read that (well, maybe I would, but thats just me against millions of fans who prefer more depth in a YA novel)Hmm, maybe I can post up a paragraph on here... when I think out my story and when it gets a bit more clearer, Ill do that :)
Okay, on to the subject of school... same as always. Quite boring and tiring, BUT, the last few days Ive actually been reading my world history book, and I found the chapter REALLLLY interesting! It was really just about World War 1 and the controversy of Europe and how the Americans got involved and for some reason it was SO intriguing! Tomorrow, we have a test about that section. Dont wanna sound cocky or anything, but Im feeling pretty confident. Haha, watch me fail since I just said that ;)
Oh! And moving back to the subject of my story, Im really focusing on two best friends. Im gonna be honest, Me+Bestfriend= WRONG. I can not, and I repeat NOT keep a best friend to save my life. I dont even know if my current "best friend" is still my best friend! We hardly talk, mainly because I dont really vent to her the way she does to me, but hey, we're different. Needless to say, i think we both dont balance each other quite well. But that's ok, I never really minded when previous best friends and I faded majorly. Actually, once, in seventh grade, cause her and I were friends since Elementary, but Im just glad we're good friends to this day and our families are still close. But anyhow, the reason why I want to focus my story on two best friends is because I want to create a character as the main characters best friend, just so I can express in words camouflaged in a story of the best friend I never really had. I want that character to be someone where readers go, I wish I had a friend like that- because I certainly have had that happen to me all the time.
Ive always imagined what it feels like to have a best friend where you spend days shopping together and staying up till 2 am talking about random things, sleepovers, all that good stuff. And the thing is- I have experienced that- and I wish the friendship can stay as strong when you first became best friends. But for me, it just doesn't. Simple as that.
Anyways, Ill stop babbling about that. People must think Im weird anyways.
So moving on... Im currently re-reading Catcher in the Rye for my English class. I really like that book. I admire Holden's personality. I feel like he's an authentic teenager, basically, I feel like hes not fake. With his character, what you see is what you get. He doesn't play games. He has a very straight forward, upfront personality, and I really admire that for some reason. Im actually surprised that I liked the book, since Im so into chick-flick novels.
Well, I should go start on some journal entries I have to do for Catcher in the Rye. Hopefully Ill post another journal up soon.
G'night!
-Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment