Monday, August 29, 2011

Calm Surroundings

Last night I couldn't sleep to save my life. I have a feeling part of the reason was because I was so overly bloated from eating pho with my two best friends, but I just haven't been able to sleep well this entire summer. So as it started to hit 5:00 in the morning, and I'm still tossing and turning in my bed, I hear my dad downstairs get ready for his daily morning fishing. I used to go with my dad all the time when I was younger, but now that I'm grown up I was never really interested in it anymore. But for some reason today I thought, "I can't sleep and I'm bored outta my mind. Might as well come along for the ride."
And so I went downstairs to tell my dad I was going with him. At first he tried to tell me to stay home and sleep, but I knew that wasn't going to happen, so he finally agreed for me to come.

This morning was absolutely beautiful. As soon as we got there, I had to take a minute to let everything set in. The quietness, the sunrise, the water, and the fresh morning air. Well, it was downtown so it wasn't exactly the freshest, but it was still wonderful. I really wish I would have worn my sports bra because I would have gone for a morning run.


I sat on the bench for the first half hour, admiring the beautiful view and taking pictures. There were also a few other people fishing, two of which were my dads friends.

Can you see my pops? Hahaha, probably not.
During that hour sitting in front of the water, it kind of made me realize how precious life is. The view just cleared my mind and had me thinking that life shouldn't be full of stress and wonder. Instead, people should just take a step back and evaluate their life, and see what they can do in order to improve it and get where they want to be. Anybody is capable of making a change, and with determination and motivation, anything can be achieved.


Afterward, I went power walking along the area, greeting everyone who was doing the same. It was quite nice, and it was a good way to get my exercise in for the day.


I think I'm going to come here more often with my dad. It was so peaceful and I felt so good about everything. The beauty of nature is truly amazing, it can make you view life in a completely different perspective. I definitely recommend you guys go out and enjoy what nature has to offer, it truly is like therapy for the mind.

Till next time!

-Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment