Monday, August 15, 2011

Journal Entry #3...?

I remember I used to do these little journal entry things, but then I forgot about them and I started to call them updates but I decided to go back to its original name :) No one probably cares, but that's okay.
So this past Saturday I was asked to do the makeup for a bridal party, and of course I accepted! My best friend Kayla was going to be the maid of honor for her grandparents vow renewal, isn't that sweet? I ended up not even going to sleep Friday/Saturday night because I usually fall asleep at three AM, and I had to be ready by 6 AM. So as I was laying in bed, I decided to stay up the entire night cause my brain refused to turn off. So I got up, put on some makeup, did my hair, and while I was at it, filmed a video for the sake of it. And then Kayla came and picked me up, and then we made a quick stop at Starbucks and headed to her house where the rest of the bridal party was waiting for me to work my magic. And since they were all already so naturally beautiful, my job was insanely easy.
Pretty girls :)
So I did 6 people hair and makeup in total, the three bridesmaids and their lovely moms. And since my makeup was already done, all I had to do was put on my dress and heels. So after everyone was done getting ready, we headed out to Kayla's grandparents house where we helped pick up some stuff for the reception, and then we drove to a park close by where they all took photos. Her ginormous family consisted of about 10 aunts and uncles, and like, 15 cousins. It was so cute seeing all of them together and it was a beautiful day, I'm sure the pictures turned out gorgeous.

With Kayla and her adorable brother Chad
After the photo session, we headed over to the church. We waited around for about an hour and a half and then the ceremony began. It was truly beautiful and so amazing that they were renewing their vows on their 50th wedding anniversary. I hope to reach that mile stone one day :) Congratulations to the very happy&beautiful couple!

After more photos, and more photos, we headed over to the reception and I was DEAD. Seriously. I hadn't eaten in over 15 hours (and my number one fear is starvation), I was tired due to the fact I hadn't slept in over thirty hours, and my feel were in pain. I was dozing off just sitting at the table. No joke. I ended up sitting next to Kaylas grandparents on her dads side, who were so incredibly nice and lovely people to chat with. They sure knew how to make me laugh. Kayla and the rest of her siblings and cousins were sitting at a table reserved for the bridal party, that's why i couldn't sit with her. But honestly, I was so tired and hungry that I couldn't care less. I just wanted to sit, sleep, and then eat. After about another hour of waiting, the reception finally began and everyone made their entrance. Everyone was shouting at Kayla's grandparents to kiss, it was so adorable :)
After getting my plate of food which I devoured in ten minutes, I was satisfied and had the energy I was lacking all day. I felt great, a little whoozy, but that's because I only had one contact in as the other one had ripped earlier that day. Stupid Acuvue Oasis contact -__-
After I was done with my meal, Kayla had pulled up a chair at her table so I could sit with her and her family. But then they got up as soon as I sat down, and they began to tell their favorite memories about their grandparents on the microphone. Im not going to lie- I teared up a bit. It was just so sweet. I hope my future grandchildren do this for me...
Hahaha, and then they sang a lullaby and after that they sang 'Rhythm of Love' by the Plain White T's, one of my favorite songs ever. It was so incredibly cute, ahhh I couldn't get over it. Oh- and many people were thanking me and telling me how great of a job I did on the makeup and hair. I felt so appreciated <3
And then the night was over, and after cleaning up a bit, Kayla had to take me home. She's leaving for college about three or four states away, so it was really sad ): I'm most likely not going to see her or her family anytime soon, and I adore her family so it was really bitter sweet. After saying good bye to everyone, we headed on home. But she and Tony (her brother who was in the car with us) were craving slurpees from Seven Eleven, so before we went to my house we went over to the Seven Eleven up the street. Apparently, the slurpees were really watery, so they decided to get Vitamin Waters. I insisted to pay (it was only three dollars lol) and as we left the store they thanked me and I was like, "Don't even worry about it. Thank you for picking me up and taking me home."
And then Tony was like, are you serious? You got up at 6 in the morning to do their makeup, you have nothing to thank us for.
And I was shocked, because Tony is usually either teasing me or making fun of me (in a joking manner-most of the time) so I was like, "Are you actually being appreciative, Tony?"
And he said, "Pfft. No."
And I was like, "Well thats too bad. I was going to ask you a serious question but I guess I shouldn't anymore."
And of course he was trying to get me to tell him but I simply kept my mouth shut. And they Brian McKnight's 'Back at One' started playing and it was on Tony's Ipod (haha) and we were all singing along and all of a sudden I just turned around and said, "Alright, I'll just ask you. If next year I don't have a prom date, do you think you..."
And he nodded his head and said, "Yeah, no problem. I'll find a great friend for you."
And Kayla was like "Ohmygosh Tony, seriously?"
And I (at the same time) said "Asshole".
And then he started laughing and he was like, "I'm just kidding, but yeah Caroline, I'll be your prom date if you don't have one."
And then I was relieved. And I dont really know what happened next, but I just remember it was funny cause I was laughing. And for those of you curious- we're the same age. We're going to be seniors this upcoming year :) But we don't go to the same school, we actually go schools that arent even remotely close lol.
And then (I feel like I said that over 15 times) Kayla got my house and parked so we could go outside to take pictures since we didn't take any at the reception. She looked so beautiful.

Im going to miss her <3
I, on the other hand, was so tired and so cold by the end of the night that I put on my Vans, pulled the shirt I was wearing earlier over my dress, wrapped my scarf around my neck, and had Tonys jacket on because I was freezing in the car.  So yes, I look like a strange... mess, is a nice way to put it, but I was comfortable so I didn't really care. And of course I had to take a picture with my maybe prom date.

I don't know why, but I laugh every time I think about what he said. Im laughing as I type haha.
And then I said my goodbyes to her. I know she is going to do so well in college and knock some pretty boy off his feet. She's such an amazing, beautiful, humorous, kind-hearted friend whom I am so blessed to have someone in my life like her. Her college-mates are so fortunate to have her as one of their fellow peers.
This part is funny. So after saying my last goodbye to Kayla in the car, I gave Tony a hug goodbye and he goes, "Caroline?"
And I was like, "Yeah?"
And he said, "Do you think I could get my jacket back? I mean, if you really want to you can keep it, but..."
And for some reason, I thought he was going to say something else. I don't even know what else, but just not that. And so I started laughing, telling him I completely forgot about it and handed it over to him, telling him it might be best if I give it back, just in case its a rental :p

And that's how my night ended. I miss Kay already, but I know we'll be keeping in touch and I know we'll be seeing each other in the winter too. I hope everyone else had a good weekend as well! Its time for me to go to bed, school is starting up in less than a month and I haven't broke free of my horrible sleeping habits /: Goodnight everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment