Sunday, July 31, 2011

Turkey Bell Pasta

Wow. Its been less than 12 hours and I'm already posting up a new recipe. That. Is. Insane. Hahaha, thankfully this is a full on recipe post inspired by the beautiful Mel who made a similar recipe called Farfalle Pasta Vegetable Salad, although my recipe is a bit more of a full on pasta.

Doesn't sound too appetizing, huh? Well I just came up with that name in three seconds, so don't judge. Hahaha, its not as weird as it sounds! Actually, its quite delicious! My sister originally wanted to go get something to eat from Chipotle or something but I suggest the idea of cooking dinner tonight. Not only would it be lighter on our wallet, but it meant I could actually cook and try something new! My sister hesitantly agreed (and this is the girl who had seconds, heh) and off to the grocery store we went. She gave me the honors to cook so I made the meal all by myself! I felt so grown up ^__^
Alright, lets get started with the ingredients. You will need the following:
  • Bow Tie Pasta (or whatever you prefer)
  • A Jar of Tomato Sauce (I like Prego)
  • Ground Turkey (or beef, but Turkey is more lean, thus more healthier)
  • Bell Pepper, Onion, Jalapeno, Tomato's, and Cilantro
  • Seasoning (salt, pepper, sugar, garlic salt, etc)
  • Tabasco (optional)
    P.S. If you're a vegetarian, easily skip the meat part.


    First thing first, get your vegetables ready.

    Cook the mean in a pan/skillet and wait 5-10 minutes for the meat to fully cook.

    The meat contained oil so I just lightly sprayed the pan and allowed the meat to cook in its own juice.

    While the meat is still browning, use the time to cut up all the vegetables.

    After your done chopping, pour the sauce into a pot.


    Go ahead and start seasoning away! I don't have measurements, I just eyeball. Garlic Salt is a must!

    And then add some sugar...


    And some salt...

    And once you're done seasoning add in the cooked meat!

    And using the same skillet we cooked the meat in, pour the vegetables in. You don't have to add any oil, the oil from the meat will help saute the vegetables and give it a kick of flavor.


    While the vegetables are cooking, go ahead and mix the meat with the sauce. If you happened to use too much meat (like I did) pour in one small can of tomato sauce to help even out the texture (Thank goodness I had one left!)

    After letting the veggies cook for a good 3-5 minutes go ahead and pour it into the sauce. In the back I have the pot of bow tie pasta cooking! I used the Barille Farfalle Bow Tie Pasta. My sister loves this kind.

    Add a few drops of Tabasco, but not too much because some people may not like the spice. But if you're just cooking this for yourself, go ahead and pour that stuff in!

    Add a little bit of basil in the mix as the finishing touch...

    Once the pasta noodles are fully cooked (I usually leave mine in for a good 12-15 minutes, I prefer the noodles to be thoroughly cooked) go ahead and strain it out.

    And fin! Go ahead and plate the amount you desire. Add garnishes like fresh basil or... something else. I just seasoned mine with more Tabasco cause I lalalalove it :)

    And that is all for my Turkey Bell Pasta post! I hope you guys enjoyed, its a good meal to cook for the family, not to mention its super delicious! My sister, brother, and I all had seconds! Or maybe we were just extra hungry...

    Either or, I'm very happy with the recipe and I hope you guys try it out when you get a chance. Thank you all so much for reading, have a good one!

    -Caroline




                  

No comments:

Post a Comment