Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! Heelllllooooo 2011 :)

Yaay! We made it through another year! I hope you guys will have a great New Year, hopefully 2011 will bring us wonderful things :) I thought that my blog post today can be about my new years resolution. So- here I go.
1) Focus on school more.
I think everyone can agree with me on this one if you're in school. I mean, I’m doing very well in school and I couldn't be more proud of myself, but I want to continue that and maybe even be better. I want to make sure that as soon as I am home I’ll get right into my school work although I can’t make any promises. But I really do just want to be focused on school and not let anything distract me. And this includes focusing more on my SAT book and course online. My goodness its so disappointing to see how I'm doing.
2) Eat better.
SOOOO cliche. But its something I'm sure every non-vegetarian can agree on. I eat junk and I'm not going to lie. But I ENJOY junk. Sure, I feel guilty when I'm done with tasty goodness, but sometimes I lose my control. I know that I'm not in the best potential shape I can be in, so I want to change that. I want to get back down to the weight Im happy with. Starting right after I finish this green tea boba. :)
3) Be nicer.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m actually a really nice person (cocky much?) but I can easily come across as a b*tch if people don’t know me. People tell me that the first time they see me, I look as if I think I’m better then all of them and that I look "unapproachable". Well, all you have to do is just talk to me (I dont bite!) But that’s aside the point. Im going to try to be nicer (if possible) and look nicer too. But don’t expect me to be smiling in the hallways as I walk by myself looking like a lunatic. This was probably a stupid resolution, but oh well. Oh. Im also going to try to stop judging people, because Im guilty when it comes to that. I jump the gun before I know someone. And Im actually dead on most of the time, but for the small percent when Im wrong, boy do I regret ever thinking anything bad about a certain person. So I really need to stop that.
4) Update my blog more.
I find it really sad that Ive had this blog for a year and I only have four followers. But hey, Im grateful for those four! Well, three cause Im following my own blog. But anyway, Im going to definitely update and keep up with this blog, even if they're short ones. I really do enjoy expressing myself through anyone who reads this and I find it exciting too. And I also feel like the past two months or so I did pretty well in updating, although I could probably have done better. But I know there were many periods of time where I didn't update my blog for months. ITS HORRIBLE. So I vow to write more :) And hopefully the word will get across for my blog for any of those who are interested in reading what I write about! Mainly my life, but heey, some may find it intriguing.
5) Wear less makeup.
Not that I wear much to begin with. But when I think about it, I realize that there are some things I can easily go without. Like, do I really need eye shadow every day? Or eyeliner? I definitely can’t go without my concealer or powder, but for everything else I know its not needed. So I’m definitely going to go simpler on the makeup.
6) Be more forgiving.
This is a good one. I’m going to start loosening up on my grudges, mainly because I know that they really put my guard up. And life is all about taking chances, and even second chances. I just got to make smart decisions and be in the right group. I know that I can be stubborn and hard headed, but I really did feel like it made me a stronger person. And I still do, but I know at times that it can really get in the way on the way I view things so I’m going to start being more forgiving.
7) Read at least one book every single week.
This is a big one for me. Its very important to me that I read because its one of my biggest passions. I really did slack off on reading my books this year, but then came along my wonderful & beautiful friend Megan and she was really like my own personal library. She lent me so many books and introduced me to some wonderful authors I probably would have never known otherwise. I’ve came across this amazing bookstore (I wont name since its local) but its basically a book exchange store and a used book store. I bought 107 dollars worth of books for 10 dollars. That’s right. TEN FREAKIN DOLLARS. Amazing. I even sell some of my unwanted books to them. I only get a dollar but whatever. They have a one dollar section and then a three dollar section. Its really and truly amazing. I started getting books I normally wouldn’t buy, but my excuse is “Its only a dollar”. That’s what I was telling my sister who was constantly asking “Should I get this?”
Its only a dollar.”
Anyway. I have no reason not to be reading new books this year with a dollar for a book. So Im very excited about this resolution.
8) GET MY PERMIT.
Its getting ridiculous how long Im procrastinating with this. It has to end. I will start in two weeks. I hope.
9) Stop Procrastinating.
I think everyone can relate with me on this one. Its getting ridiculous of how much I procrastinate. Procrastination is like my frenemie. Its horrible, yet I always run to it. I really need to start being on check with things because its better to be prepared than sorry. I know that’s not exactly how the line goes, but it works. Any who, Im going to try to get things done when the need/should be done.
10) Be more Open Minded.
Its not that I’m not open minded, but Im definitely not as open minded as I wish I could be. I don’t take criticism well, and I’m not as creative as others. I want to go out of my shell and be more inspired and willing to accept new ideas to make my ideas even better. Anything that is going to be beneficial to me I want to accept.
11) Stop Over-Analyzing.
I really really REALLY need to work on that. I over-analyze like no other, and while it can be good at times, its actually pretty unhealthy for myself. Because it affects the way I think and how I do things. So I want to just let my mind loosen up and stop lingering over things that I KNOW are unimportant to me. So I will work on that this year. I promise.
And there it is! My top eleven resolutions! There’s more, but I didn’t want to bore you guys. If any of you guys made any resolutions I’d love to read them so please put them on your blog and comment below! Thanks for reading, and I wish you all a very happy & love filled new year! <3

Love,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment